We’ve long been a fan of the Dell SC series storage arrays. But with the 7.3 series firmware, Dell has blown our expectations out of the water. With a new UI and massive performance improvements – there isn’t much not to love!
New SCOS 7.3 features include:
Major IOPS performance boost
- Now up to 2.2M max IOPS per array, over 20M in federated multi-array environments
- 2X increase in maximum IOPS across every current SC array model
- 50,000-100,000 more mixed-workload IOPS across every SC array
Improved management for single and multi-array environments
- New Unisphere for SC HTML5 Web UI simplifies and automates common storage management tasks; shares common look and feel with Unisphere for Dell EMC Unity
Easier, more cost-effective upgrades and expansion
- Up to 2X increase in maximum capacity per array
- Data-in-place upgrades for the popular SC4020 offers cost-effective option for customers to migrate data to newer SC models
- SCv2000 can now federate/replicate with other SC Series arrays
More enterprise-class efficiency and availability
- Support for 100Gb and 25Gb iSCSI network hardware offers customers future-proof solutions and buying assurance
- Distributed sparing, for greater I/O efficiency and up to 500% faster rebuilds
- Live Volume enhancements designed to deliver lower latency and reduced network traffic in high availability environments
By upgrading to the new SCOS 7.3, SC Series customers can gain an overnight boost in workload performance. Three SC array models now provide over 1 million IOPS. Dell EMC tests show real-world applications such as VDI and SQL OLTP can perform 33% to 54% faster with SCOS 7.3.
Dell EMC Unity OE 4.4 and SC Series SCOS 7.3 are available now as no-cost software upgrades for customers with an active Dell ProSupport agreement.
Real World can help you assess your performance requirements and build a solution that helps you get the most out of your storage system. Contact our storage specialists today to find out how.