We’re immensely excited to announce that we have been awarded a grant by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources to help Small Business, Charity and Indigenous businesses improve their Cyber Security Resources.
For many small businesses and NFP organisations security is hard. Most of the resources, tools and best practice guides are focussed on Big Business, Enterprise and Government. Our program will help organisations take these resources and apply them regardless of their size.
Our program will be launching in May 2021 and running until March 2022. It focuses on helping organisations through:
- Advocacy: helping organisations identify the need for strong cyber security practices
- Awareness: helping organisations identify the areas where cyber security resources and training should exist
- Implementation: helping organisations understand pathways to implementing cyber security practices, ultimately heading towards the Essential Eight
- Verification: helping organisations measure their cyber security health in an ongoing basis and
- Risk Management: providing aggregate resources to help build their risk management profile, strategies and action plans to adequately deal with a complex cyber environment
In conjunction with tools, guides and webinars we are also providing consultation services to help define areas of technology, organisation and process weakness and strategies to help address these right across an organisation. In particular, we are passionate about helping organisations find not just technical solutions but also human solutions.
In late 2021 we’ll also be partnering with organisations to help them address specific cyber security projects or programs by co-funding particular cyber security projects.
If you’d like to get a head start on assessing your cyber-security health, the Department has prepared this survey that highlights some of the key areas organisations should be aware of. This survey provides you a score on your Cyber Security readiness.
Applications for organisations to register and participate in our program open on Thursday 13th May 2021.