We’re excited to be adding a new face to our team soon, and it could be you! Read on to find out more about the role, and see if it might be right for you!
Customer Support Engineer
Real World Technology Solutions – Sydney, NSW
- Exciting role for someone passionate about IT!
- Full-time, permanent role “usually” in our Macquarie Park location
- August 2020 start
About the role:
The Customer Support Engineer will have a passion for IT and a love for delivering excellent customer service. You will enjoy solving problems, understanding and detangling customer issues and learning about a wide range of platforms and technology.
In your new role as part of our support team you will be on the front line of customer service. You interact with our customers via phone and email. You thrive on helping them understand their issues, documenting their problems, and helping navigate them to a solution. As you do this you will develop and utilise a range of technical skills and expertise. This knowledge, coupled with the support of other staff members, becomes the foundation of your ability to deliver a high quality customer experience.
You will have a solid familiarity with Windows Desktop and Server operating systems. You will have a good understanding of computer networking, including the key elements of home and business networks. You will love learning and getting to know new systems and technologies, and expanding your knowledge through structured and self-led study. You will have a passion for customer service, and a desire to help customers find the right solution to their problems.
While delivering customer support, you will also be responsible for some regular administration tasks — including coordinating backups, making planned system changes, supporting customer deployments of new systems, and visiting customer sites to assist with support. You may be asked to assist in the unboxing or moving of hardware (e.g. servers, desktops, laptops, switches, cables) to/from the warehouse or client sites.
A little bit about us:
Real World is an innovative IT Telecommunications and Managed Services company delivering enterprise quality voice, data, and IT management services. We own and maintain our purpose-built, robust and reliable IP data network, deliver state of the art voice over IP services and solutions, and provide insight and management of IT infrastructure for small and medium businesses. Our customers include federal government, enterprise, small business, residential users, and IT service providers.
We are invested in encompassing our customers’ technology and telecommunications needs through expert solutions and human-centric delivery.
The salary range for this role is $55,000 – $70,000 plus superannuation, commensurate with experience.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Recruiters: please do not contact us. Don’t worry: we’ve got this.
- Onsite and remote technical support for customers.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for our customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team; self-research and resolve issues dynamically.
- Respond to open support tickets, travel to client sites if needed.
- Assess requests for support and, if unable to provide a solution, escalate the problem to the appropriate resolver group
- Keep documentation up to date and participate in the creation of new helpdesk solution articles
- Working with the Real World team to help customers define new hardware and software requirements and assisting with the sales cycle for these customers
- Participate in the on-call roster for out-of-hours support
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be based in Sydney to apply for this position with rights to work in Australia.
- Proactive and passionate in providing great customer service.
- Demonstrate clear and effective support phone call handling with fluent English (both verbal and written)
- The ability to work independently, to take initiative and ownership of assigned work
- Honest and reliable with a “Can-Do” attitude
- Desire for self-development and expanding knowledge
- Have a current Australian driving license (Unrestricted)
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to continuous improvement of customer experience
- National Police clearance or willingness to obtain
Highly Desirable Characteristics:
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience With a Local MSP or as a Network administrator for Medium Size business with 50+ Seats.
- Have your own car
Technical Skills for the Role:
It is desirable that an applicant will have the following technical skills, or experience working with these platforms and technologies.
- Experience in Windows/MacOS/Linux environments with the following operating systems
- Windows XP-10
- Windows Server 2008-2019
- Ubuntu, Red Hat (or similar)
- High knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy management
- High knowledge in Virtualisation (Hyper-V and VMware)
- Sound knowledge in IP networking, including DNS, routing and switching (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, E-mail, Remote Access and Management Technologies)
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office, 365, SharePoint, and Exchange Online
- Sound knowledge in Maintaining SQL Databases
- Sound knowledge in maintaining backup solutions and software (e.g. Veeam)
- Sound knowledge of wireless services
- Sound knowledge of cloud services
- Sound knowledge in VoIP solutions (Asterisk/3CX/Handsets)
- Sound knowledge in home/small business networking (nbn™ and other similar internet environments)
- Sound knowledge in managing domains and DNS
Key Performance Indicators
We will work with the successful candidate to develop a range of KPIs that suit their individual experience and expertise within the role. These will include both objective and subjective measures of:
- Growth in knowledge and understanding
- Customer satisfaction level
- Resolution of customer cases (time, quantity and accuracy)
- Development and enhancements of documentation
- Collaboration and team interaction